End of Term Arrangements
End of Term Arrangements July 2019
We would like to issue a reminder that the last day of term will be Friday 19 July. We intend to close the school at 12:15pm on that day so that end of term staff presentations can take place. These arrangements should not result in any child being unduly unsupervised or unable to safely travel home – please inform us via the school office if that may be the case and we will make contact with you to make suitable supervision arrangements.
On the morning of Friday 19 July all students should attend lessons as normal periods 1 and 2. Period 3 will be spent with form tutors before dismissal at 12:15pm.
The school kitchen will not provide lunch on the final day of term but packed lunches will be available to any pupil who requires one. If your child will require a packed lunch they should inform the staff in the main school office by 3:15pm on Wednesday 17 July. The packed lunch will be available from the kitchen at dismissal on 19 July.
School buses will be available at 12:15pm.
The last day of term will also be a ‘non-uniform’ day. Our charity board of pupils will use the occasion to raise funds for a good cause. As is tradition, the suggested donation per student will be £1.00. Please note: for sensible reasons, there will be no relaxation of the school rule regarding the wearing of jewellery. We ask parents to ensure that nonuniform wear is age-appropriate and tasteful.
The following notable school events will take place before the end of term:
- Wednesday 3 July Extra New Intake Parents’ Visit (predominantly Hadrian Primary): 4 pm – 5 pm.
- Thursday 4 July Year 7 Parents’ Evening
- Tuesday 9 July New Intake Parents’ Evening. Main hall, 6.30pm
- Thursday 11 July New Intake transition day 1
- Friday 12 July New Intake transition day 2
- Tuesday 16 July Sports Day
- Tuesday 16 July Years 7/8 Awards Evening. Main hall 7:00 pm.
- Thursday 18 July Summer concert. Main hall, 6:30pm
- Friday 19 July Last day of term. School closed 12:15pm
Many thanks for your continued support and very best wishes for an enjoyable summer break!
Mr Amos, Head of School