Chief Finance Officer
Harton Academy is an outstanding school in South Shields, with 1620 students and over 200 members of staff. Our outstanding rating with Ofsted is matched by our audit report and we are looking to further develop with this key appointment.
As part of the extended Senior Leadership Team, the Chief Finance Officer is responsible for ensuring that the Trust operates with good financial governance in line with the requirements of the Academies Financial Handbook, published by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). The role also involves liaising with the Department for Education (DfE), the ESFA, auditors, and other external advisers, suppliers and contractors.
We are seeking a high-quality finance professional with first-class accounting skills and commercial awareness who has experience in the education sector. You will have proven experience of working in a school or academy: working in a multi-academy trust (MAT) is not essential but would be an advantage, and you will have an understanding of publicly-funded organisations and educational funding streams. You will be responsible for the financial sustainability and development of the Trust and will provide high quality leadership and management to the Trust’s operations to enable the Trust to run smoothly, efficiently and effectively in delivery of our core aims.
The successful candidate will lead our Finance Team, work closely with leaders, governors, trustees and trust auditors, prepare statutory accounts, submit financial returns, liaise with various government agencies, and report to the CEO and Trustees.
The post is to work on a term time plus basis, the details of which will be for discussion with the successful candidate.
If you wish to have an informal discussion with the Executive Head Teacher, Sir Ken Gibson, prior to applying, please contact the school on (0191) 427 4050 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
In return, you can be confident that you are joining a committed, supportive and very successful team. You will be coming to an extremely popular and over-subscribed 11-18 academy, which …
- was judged “outstanding” in all categories in our last Ofsted inspection in January, 2013
- in February 2009, featured in a national publication by Ofsted entitled ‘12 Outstanding Secondary Schools – Excelling Against the Odds’
- achieves excellent examination results in KS4 and KS5
- was designated as a ‘Teaching School’ in September 2011
- opened a new 6th Form Centre in September 2010, offering an extensive range of level 3 courses, a varied enrichment programme and a challenging academic environment
- prepares all students for the destinations of their choice, whether continuing in further and higher education or into the world of work.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share our commitment. Successful applicants are required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The job description and person specification for the post are available here : CFO- Sept 20
To download the application form please make sure you follow the following steps :
- Please check that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer. You can download the latest version for free, by visiting the Adobe website – click here
- Please download the form by right clicking the link below and selecting ‘save link as’ before saving the form to your computer.
- Application form –CFO – Sept 20_distributed
If you need to submit additional information in support of your application, you can do so on a word processed document, attached to your e-mail.
The closing date for applications is Monday 28th September, 2020, at 12 noon. Please note we do not accept Curriculum Vitae for our vacancies.
Applications should be returned to email@example.com
A privacy notice in relation to how we collect and use your personal data can be found by following this link.