Finance Manager – Management Accounts
Salary, hours and contract negotiable, depending on experience
NOR 1618, Age Range: 11-18
Harton Academy is an outstanding school in South Shields, with 1600 pupils and over 200 members of staff. Our outstanding rating with Ofsted is matched by our audit report and we are looking to build on this with support for our Chief Finance Officer.
Your accountancy background, preferably bringing school-related experience, will enable you to assist in producing monthly management accounts and associated reconciliations. You will be able to draft results reports for the Board along with additional commentary, as well as provide budget variance analysis, payroll authorisations, VAT returns and managing fixed assets. There are also a number of day to day financial requirements including daily authorisations dealing with the ad-hoc enquiries that come in to the finance office, as well as providing support to the finance team. The Academy also has a trading subsidiary consisting of a Sports Centre. We use PS Financials, and it is desirable that you have knowledge of this.
The post is to work on a term time plus basis, the details of which will be for discussion with the successful candidate.
In return, you can be confident that you are joining a committed, supportive and very successful team. You will be coming to an extremely popular and over-subscribed 11-18 academy, which …
- was judged “outstanding” in all categories in our Ofsted inspection in January, 2013
- in February 2009 featured in a national publication by Ofsted entitled ‘12 Outstanding Secondary Schools – Excelling Against the Odds’
- achieves excellent examination results in KS4 and KS5
- was designated as a ‘Teaching School’ in September, 2011
- opened a new 6th Form Centre in September 2010, offering an extensive range of level 3 courses, a varied enrichment programme and a challenging academic environment
- prepares all students for the destination of their choice, whether continuing in further and higher education or into the world of work
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share our commitment. Successful applicants are required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The job description and person specification for the post are available here : Finance Manager – Mar 20
To download the application form please make sure you follow the following steps :
- Please check that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer. You can download the latest version for free, by visiting the Adobe website – click here
- Please download the form by right clicking the link below and selecting ‘save link as’ before saving the form to your computer.
- Application form –Finance Manager – Mar 20_distributed_0002
If you need to submit additional information in support of your application, you can do so on a word processed document, attached to your e-mail, or by downloading this document. Please download this document in the same way as the applicant form (above).
The closing date for applications is Monday 6th April, 2020, at 12 noon. Please note we do not accept Curriculum Vitae for our vacancies.
Applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
A privacy notice in relation to how we collect and use your personal data can be found by following this link.