Subject Lead for History
Main / Upper Pay Scale – plus TLR 1b
Required from September, 2019
NOR 1618, Age Range: 11-18
We wish to appoint a Subject Leader for History who is not only an outstanding classroom practitioner, but who is also a dynamic and inspirational leader and manager, capable of maintaining and building on the current successes.
Your knowledge and experience will enable you to teach all aspects of our history curriculum, from key stage 3 through to key stage 5.
Further to this, your experience in teaching History will be backed up with a track record of success, and you will also be able to demonstrate how you have supported others to maximise their achievements. Ideally you will have experience in preparing students for University Entry. You will have the proven capacity to lead and inspire a team of enthusiastic and talented teachers, who are dedicated to securing the highest levels of success for our students.
In return, you can be confident that you are joining a committed, supportive and very successful team. You will be coming to an extremely popular and over-subscribed 11-18 academy, which …
- was judged “outstanding” in all categories in our Ofsted inspection in January, 2013
- in February 2009 featured in a national publication by Ofsted entitled ‘12 Outstanding Secondary Schools – Excelling Against the Odds’
- achieves excellent examination results in KS4 and KS5
- was designated as a ‘Teaching School’ in September, 2011
- opened a new 6th Form Centre in September 2010, offering an extensive range of level 3 courses, a varied enrichment programme and a challenging academic environment
- prepares all students for the destination of their choice, whether continuing in further and higher education or into the world of work
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share our commitment. Successful applicants are required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The job description and person specification for the post are available here : Subject Lead for History – Feb 19
To download the application form :
- Please check that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer. You can download the latest version for free, by visiting the Adobe website – click here
- Please download the form by right clicking the link below and selecting ‘save link as’ before saving the form to your computer.
- Application form –Subject Lead for History – Feb 19
If you need to submit additional information in support of your application, you can do so on a word processed document, attached to your e-mail, or by downloading this document. Please download this document in the same way as the applicant form (above).
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 26th February, 2019, at 12 noon.
Applications should be returned to email@example.com
A privacy notice in relation to how we collect and use your personal data can be found by following this link.
Please note we do not accept Curriculum Vitae for our vacancies.