New for September 2021!
In Harton 6th Form we have designed and developed a new development programme that will be timetabled for a discreet period of the week rather than before lessons start as we have in the past. This has allowed us to include a wider range of topics and skill development and forms a key part of how we help young people to have strong aspirations, challenge themselves and achieve positive outcomes and progression in the future.
Year 12 Development Programme
- Positive mental health
- Life and stress management
- Importance of a Growth mindset
- Inspiration and motivation
- Reflection and planning ahead
- Development of key Skills and Qualities
- Keys to success
- From Comfort zone to Growth zone
- Failure and Resilience
- Successful learning traits
- Organisation and Time Management
- Effective learning strategies
- Importance of Super-Curricular activities and Work Experience
- Personalised Careers project – how to research future options
- Financial awareness and management skills
- Importance of balance and Steps to Happiness
Year 13 Tutorial Support Programme
This year final year students will be able to access their tutor every morning from 8.30 – 8.55am for support and guidance. All tutor progression support including UCAS will be completed during this time and will allow students a regular point of contact to discuss progress, offer support and discuss options.
Future Progression Support and Guidance
Harton also continues to offer very comprehensive progression support for all students and independent careers appointments can be booked with a Careers Advisor throughout the year. We are incredibly fortunate to have Dr Sinnett lead Careers across the 6th form and school and she has put together a wide range of resources that help students to explore and realise their ambitions through research, placements, application and interview support. We aim to offer as many opportunities as we can to link learning with the world of work and to give real focus and purpose in everything that we do.