Teacher Subject Specialism Training (TSST)
Teacher Subject Specialism Training (TSST) Secondary Mathematics, Physics, Core Maths and Modern Foreign Languages 2018-2019
TSST in Secondary Mathematics, Physics, Core Maths and Modern Foreign Languages is a Department of Education funded initiative to improve subject knowledge of non – specialist teachers and returning teachers and to increase the number of hours taught in these subjects, in order to build capacity and enable schools to manage workforce and deployment challenges across these subjects. These free training programmes are specifically targeted at;
- non-specialist teachers who could potentially teach Secondary Mathematics, Physics, Core Maths and Modern Foreign Languages in addition to, or as their main subject.
- non-specialist teachers who are currently teaching Secondary Mathematics, Physics, Core Maths and Modern Foreign Languages (either full-time or in addition to the specialist subject).
- teachers who are looking to return to the profession.
Harton Teaching School Alliance is delighted to once again offer its very successful TSST Training Programmes in Maths and Physics. Commencing in October these programmes which have Joint Mathematical Council and Institute of Physics – Enabled Community Approved status, comprise of:
- a series of twilight sessions covering a wide range of topics
- monitored gap tasks
- online learning
- mentoring sessions
- networking events
- opportunities for masters credits.
Both programmes offer contributions towards staff cover costs of up to £250 and where schools are prepared to commit whole science teams to our physics programme, contributions towards the costs of essential physics resources are also available.
Should you wish to book a place on either course or find out more please contact Lynn Culkin – LCulkin@hartonacademy.co.uk 0191 4274050 ext. 205