Harton Technology College is a large, mixed 11-18 secondary school rated as outstanding by Ofsted in 2013.
In 2011, as a result of a successful record of involvement in ITT, school to school support and CPD, the school was one of the first 100 Teaching Schools in the country. Since designation, the Harton Teaching School Alliance (HTSA) has developed rapidly into a high quality, flexible alliance which includes a wide range of partners including schools, HEIs and the local authority. Our alliance works collaboratively to develop high quality programmes to train the next generation of teachers, school leaders and new Head Teachers, leading school improvement and secure high quality outcomes for all pupils.
HTSA currently includes
- 9 key Strategic partners comprising 2 primary and 4 secondary schools, 1 special school, 2 HEIs and the local authority.
- 38 other alliance members, comprising 21 secondary, 16 primary, 1 special
- A primary school also designated a Teaching School, bringing further primary expertise and capacity
- 2 National Leaders of Education
- 32 Specialist Leaders of Education (SLE) across a range of subjects and leadership areas
- 11 Lead Practitioners
- 2 Outstanding Facilitators
- 1 Teaching School Facilitators
- 7 SLE Training Facilitators