Teaching Internship in Physics or Maths
Paid Teacher Training Internships now available
We are looking for enthusiastic second year university students who are confident and passionate about their subject and are interested in becoming a Physics or Maths teacher. We are looking for people who are interested in taking part in an exciting opportunity, becoming a member of our school’s Physics or Maths department and gaining experience that would enhance your CV.
We have 10 available places and are offering successful candidates the opportunity to complete a 4 week, paid internship this summer term – a fantastic opportunity to work alongside outstanding practitioners in an outstanding school setting to gain invaluable school experience.
- Guaranteed interview for our teacher training programme
- Payment of £300 per week
- Support to make an application through UCAS for Teacher Training
Application deadline Monday 22nd April 2019
Interviews will be in the week beginning Monday 29th April 2019
Placement Monday 17th June-Friday 12th July 2019
Experiences on offer:
- Supporting teaching, running science projects, clubs, etc.
- Offering 1-1 and group support to children
- Helping with experiments and laboratory work
- Shadowing and lesson observation
- One-to-one support from subject specialist mentors
- Opportunities to network with qualified subject specialists
- Careers advice and application guidance
To apply you need:
- To be in your penultimate year of study at University
- To be studying a Maths or Physics-related degree
- To have a C or above in GCSE English and Maths
- To have a passion for working with young people
- To be professional and reliable
- To be enthusiastic and passionate about your subject.
How to apply: