Breakfast Bar Recipe
It’s nearly Easter; can you believe how quickly the time goes, what happened to Christmas? Likewise with this month, so sorry for the delay. I’ve just managed to get over the indulgence of the Christmas period and now Easter is approaching.
I was recently given the recipe below for Breakfast bars from three sisters who are dedicated gym clients and having tried them I have to say they’re very good. They’re packed full of slow release carbs for energy on the go, no additives and quite cheap to produce. Even Mrs Mackley agrees that they’re quite tasty for a healthy snack! Give them a try and see what you think.
2 cups of oats
4 tbsp of peanut butter (I find 2 is enough – your choice)
50g of butter
2/3 tbsp of honey
Handful of mixed nuts + handful of mixed seeds.
1) Preheat oven to 160c.
2) Melt butter, peanut butter and honey into a large pan. Mash in banana, once mixture is melted, remove from heat. Add oats, seeds and nuts, mix together thoroughly.
3) Grease loaf tin/dish with either coconut oil or butter. Place mixture into tin, spread evenly.
4) Sprinkle some crushed seeds/nuts and honey over the top of the mixture to finish.
5) Place in the oven and cook for 30 mins.
6) Allow to cool and cut into bars. I usually get about 8-10 bars depending on how thick they are cut.