Casual Fitness Instructor
Estimated 5-25 hours per week, plus holiday cover
Level 2 or 3 qualified – £10.41 per hour ; Not yet qualified – £9.62 per hour – pay award pending
Your experience as a fitness instructor will enable you to help out with the range of activities and facilities we provide here at Harton. You’ll be able to take gym inductions, up to 4 group fitness classes per week, as well as providing programmes and one to instruction and advice for our customers. You will also help out on reception and assist with setting up equipment within the sports hall, 3G pitch and studio. Your hours of work will be over 7 days across the week, on a planned rota basis.
Fitness Instructor qualifications / experience in the industry is desirable but not essential as training can be given to exceptional candidates.
Please note that it is our intention to only interview candidates who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19, except where an individual has a protected characteristic, under the Equality Act, which may make them exempt from this.
- Harton Sports Centre is based at Harton Academy in South Shields. We boast some of the best sporting and fitness facilities in the North East which are for use by the Community and the School.
- The Sports Centre opened in 2005 and consisted of a Wellness Fitness Suite and Sports Hall. Since then we have added a 3G All-Weather Pitch, Climbing Wall, Multi Use Games Areas, Dance Studio and most recently we have refurbished our Swimming Pool.
- We pride ourselves on offering a fantastic customer service experience with all our staff being fully trained, qualified and ready to help whenever they are needed.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share our commitment. Successful applicants are required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The job description and person specification for the post is available here : Fitness Instructor – Jan 22
To download the application form :
- Please check that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer. You can download the latest version for free, by visiting the Adobe website – click here
- Please download the form by right clicking the link below and selecting ‘save link as’ before saving the form to your computer : Casual Fitness Instructor – Jan 22_distributed
If you need to submit additional information in support of your application, you can do so on a word processed document, and attach it with your application, to your email.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 2nd February, 2022, at 12 noon.
Applications should be returned to email@example.com
A privacy notice in relation to how we collect and use your personal data can be found by following this link.
Please note we do not accept Curriculum Vitae for our vacancies.