School Contact Information
Lisle Road, South Shields
Tyne & Wear
Tel. 0191 427 4050
Executive Head Teacher: Sir Ken Gibson
Acting Head Teacher: Mr David Amos
Chair of Illuminare Multi Academy Trust: Mr Scott Duffy
Chair of governing body: Mr Mark Usher | Address: Harton Academy, Lisle Road, South Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE34 6DL
SENCO: Mrs R Wall | Email: RWall@hartonacademy.co.uk
Careers Leader: Mr James Murphy | Email: JMurphy@hartonacademy.co.uk | Careers Information | Policy
Member of staff who deals with queries:
Miss Pam Lynn (PA to Executive Head Teacher / Leadership and Governance Manager)
Mrs Marilyn Hynes (PA to Executive Head Teacher)
Harton Academy still observe the Local Authority admissions code.
Please click here to view our admission arrangements via the Local Authority’s website.
Ofsted (Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills) awards Harton Technology College (now Harton Academy) with ‘Outstanding’ status once again.
Key Stage 4 Results (2021)
- 75.8% of students achieved a grade 9 to 4 or equivalent in 5 or more GCSEs
- 71.6% of students achieved Standard Pass in English and Maths (4 and above)
- 68.9% of students achieved 5 or more Standard Passes including English and Maths (C/4 and above)
- 33% of students achieved the English Baccalaureate
- 95.5% of students achieved 1 or more 9 to 4 or equivalent
- 98.9% of students achieved 1 or more 9 to 1 or equivalent
- 95.5% of students achieved 5 or more 9 to 1 or equivalent
Key Stage 5 Results (2021)
Overall positive A Level Value Added (VA) = +0.31 (Un-validated)
This means that across the 6th form the students on average achieved above their target grades which are very demanding and based on GCSE average points score.
A-Level pass rate = 100%
42% of students achieved 3 A-levels at grades A*-B
79% of students achieved 3 A-levels at grades A*-C