Year 11 Examinations
It is now less than a week before the beginning of the Year 11 examinations. The first paper is GCSE RE which takes place on the morning of Monday 16 May.
We would like to request your support during the examination period to ensure students are as successful as possible and to reduce the inevitable anxiety examinations bring. We ask that you:
- Regularly check your child’s examination timetable and review the location and seat number of each examination – replacement timetables can be obtained by emailing – GMorton@hartonacademy.co.uk.
- Ensure your child leaves the house, in the morning, in time to register with their tutor (for the remainder of this half term) and store any belongings before making their way to the appropriate examination room.
- Promote the importance of a good night-time routine so your child is well rested for their examinations.
- Encourage your child to eat a healthy breakfast before leaving the house or, alternatively, leave the house in time to take advantage of the free breakfast service offered to every student in the school dining area.
- Encourage your child to drink water regularly and bring a water bottle to their examinations – to satisfy examination regulations this must be a clear plastic bottle with no labels.
- Ensure that your child has all necessary equipment for each examination, including a calculator where appropriate – please note examinations must be completed in black ball-point pen.
Finally, students are expected to attend registration and all lessons until Friday 27 May. When they return from the half term break, they are expected to attend all lessons which are yet to be fully examined.
Many thanks for your continued support and we wish all our students the very best of luck in the coming examinations.